func to save/restore window position, size?

Jasper Huijsmans jasper at xfce.org
Tue Feb 10 20:01:13 CET 2004

Op di 10-02-2004, om 19:48 schreef Danny Milosavljevic:
> Hi,
>
> I want to make my mixer window remember the last opened position & size.
>
> So I wondered if there is a func in libxfcegui4 to do so (give window,
> it hooks to it, saves pos&size&screen?&desktop on "destroy" signal, and
> calls a callback, and restores pos&size&screen?&desktop on "map"?)
>
> If not, I'll try to write one... it shouldn't be all that hard.
>
> (only unknown stuff is, which signal is emitted right when I am allowed
> to call gtk_window_move, and how to get/set the desktop/screen to be
> used)
>
> Maybe store sticky/unsticky status aswell ? (ok maybe I'm going
> overboard now)
>
> Thoughts / pseudo-code ? ;)
>
> cheers,
>   Danny

Hmm, I'm not convinced this should be a library function, actually. I
can imagine different windows do different kind of things.

Just save the position (+ size + ...) on "destroy" and use that info
when recreating the window.

Also, if you destroy a window it is gone, so the function won't work
anymore, right? And if you hide it the information will still be there.
Am I missing something?

	Jasper