panel pager question

Jasper Huijsmans jasper at xfce.org
Wed Feb 4 07:58:56 CET 2004

Op di 03-02-2004, om 22:39 schreef Rob Deker:
> I'm just checking out XFCE for the first time and quite like it, save
> for one trivial thing. The panel pager and desktop switcher don't have
> an option to display desktops in a grid rather than a ribbon fashion. I
> took a quick look at pager.c and found the following at line 107:
>
>   netk_pager_set_n_rows (NETK_PAGER (pager), 1);
>
> Lo and behold, changing the 1 to a 2 gives me exactly what I'm looking
> for. It would be ideal (for me at least) to have this be a runtime
> option, as well as to have defineable hotkeys for "Move one desktop
> down/up/left/right" and all be configurable in the standard XFCE way.

The keybindings are defined in the xfwm keytheme. Someone would have to
make an editor for that to make the configuration graphical.

The pager can indeed easily have an option for one or two rows. I would
accept a patch for that. There is no developer documentation other than
the code. If you are interested you can look at how one of the other
plugins implements the create_options function. It shouldn't be too hard
if you know a little gtk.

	Jasper