libxfcegui4 version to try

Jasper Huijsmans jasper at xfce.org
Tue Feb 3 10:13:21 CET 2004

On Tue, Feb 03, 2004 at 09:59:52AM +0100, Benedikt Meurer wrote:

> >The "XFce" version is a bit difficult to define, since it refers to a
> >release of all packages. That's why I put it in xfce-utils. As I said
> >before, I'd like to see that renamed to xfce4-common with the optional
> >stuff removed (taskbar), so that an XFce system will depend on it, even
> >if the separate components don't necessarily need it.
>
> This seems unnecessary to me, since we already have a package on which
> everything else depends, and thats libxfce4util.

Well, that's the difficulty with the overall version number. I think if
you have, for instance, only xfwm4 installed, you don't have an XFce
installation and therefore no XFce version number. That's why I put the
overall version number in the common desktop package. It's unlikely
people will install that separately without other XFce components.

I agree it may not be the prettiest solution and I'm not strongly
opposed to putting the version in libxfce4util either.

	Jasper