[REQUEST] Minimize Windows into Desktop Icons

Joe Klemmer klemmerj at webtrek.com
Mon Feb 2 18:58:27 CET 2004

On Mon, 2004-02-02 at 12:34, Matthew Weier OPhinney wrote:

> > 	Is there a way to run the pinboard w/o running rox?  IOW, can it be
> > uncoupled?  While rox is a fine file manager (and more) I don't have a
> > use for it (haven't found anything that beats "xterm -e mc" for my
> > needs).
>
> I don't believe they can be uncoupled; however, you can invoke the
> pinboard without invoking an actual filer window (using the '-p
> PinboardName' switch). I show ROX taking up less memory on my system
> than mutt, so memory shouldn't be an issue.

	I'll have to try that.

> I'm not sure if you can create icons (not minimized windows) without
> dragging items from a Filer window; however, I haven't tried it. I
> suspect you might be able to, as long as the application simply gives a
> file url as the drag-and-drop data -- I know ROX interacts fairly well
> with XFCE's panel and with XFFM (at least it did when I last used them a
> few months back).

	I'm only interested in minimized icons for running windows.  What I
really prefer is an icon box like CDE has.  The xfce4-iconbox doesn't
work as well since it seems to grow with the number of icons in it and
it only grows in a column/row of one.  At least it did list time I
checked.

--
Akebono vs Godzilla!  Coming soon to a theater near you.