Menueditor vs. Panel

Erik Harrison erikharrison at gmail.com
Thu Dec 30 04:00:10 CET 2004

On Tue, 28 Dec 2004 13:18:46 -0800, Brian J. Tarricone
<bjt23 at cornell.edu> wrote:
> Bernhard Walle wrote:
>
> > today I reorganized my panel / menu. It's really hard work to move a
> > panel start entry from one launcher to another or in the menu. In my
> > opinion, all represents the same information: Command, Icon and Name.
> >
> > So it would be nice if I could drag a panel icon to the menu with the
> > menu editor or reverse. It would be nice if something could be
> > implemented in 4.4.
>
> yeah, this would be really nice.  i originally wanted to make it
> possible to drag menu entries to the panel, but unfortunately the
> launcher creation code doesn't lend itself too well to that sort of
> thing, so i gave up.  plus the consensus seemed to be that it was
> "weird" to be able to drag menu items around (i don't agree, but...).

For what it's worth, I think this is more a GTK+ issue than a "weird"
issue. Dragging stuff works (mostly) in, say, the windows start menu,
but is less sensitive than it was in the Xfce menu. I never drag stuff
by accident in the windows menu, but accidental drag reports were
pretty common when that feature was around.

-Erik

> anyway, yeah, maybe something like that will be possible for 4.4.   ^_^
>
>     -brian

-Erik