URGENT: Help needed for preparing Fosdem

Brian J. Tarricone bjt23 at cornell.edu
Thu Dec 23 19:15:03 CET 2004

On 12/23/04 08:59, Jasper Huijsmans wrote:

> Hmm, it's not entirely clear to me how this devroom is supposed to work. On
> one hand it seems to be meant for public attendance and require some
> presentations, while on the other hand it's meant to do collective coding
> sessions, which doesn't seem very suited for larger audiences.

i think it's meant for all of those things - basically whatever you want
to do with it.  though, if you read the end of the first page, it appears
that they're only going to consider people that do some kind of talk or
presentation, since they have limited space.

[snip: bunch of ideas for a presentation]

i'd loooove to be able to do this.  being able to sit around and bounce
ideas off each other is *so* much more efficient than IRC.  obviously we
wouldn't have too much time, but it would be nice to have a thought-pooling
brainstorm session and take a bunch of notes.  we may not have enough
time to get any real hacking done, but maybe we wouldn't need a dev
room for that (i notice mention of a "hackers room", though i don't know
how that'll be set up).

also, do we want to go to the trouble to have a booth?  i think it would
be great for advertising purposes, but we're obviously short on manpower,
and it would suck to have to take long shifts in the booth.  so perhaps
no... the dev room would have to do in the advertising department.

> I'm sure we could fill a morning talking about these things ;-)

damn right ^_~.

i need to figure out some stuff, and hopefully i'll be able to give a more
definite yes/no answer shortly after the new year.

	-brian