Icon problem

Christian Heim heim at uni-greifswald.de
Sat Dec 18 22:48:42 CET 2004

Am Saturday, 18. December 2004 20:48 schrieb Brian J. Tarricone:
>[ ... ]
>
> ok, this is interesting.  i'm sorry if you already answered this
> somewhere in the thread, but how did you install xfce?  source tarballs,
> installer, RPMs, debs, etc.?  the configure check that looks to see if
> hicolor/index.theme exists is pretty simple stuff.  note that this will
> only install hicolor/index.theme to *xfce's prefix*, which may or may
> not be /usr/share/icons/hicolor/ depending on what you passed to
> configure.  this is done to ensure that *xfce's* icons get found properly.
>
> if you installed from source, can you re-run configure for libxfcegui4
> (remove the hicolor theme you installed yourself first and check to make
> sure the index.theme file is really gone) and verify that it incorrectly
> believes that the file is present?  i think it should happen near the
> end of the configure output.
>
> thanks,
> brian

Well after all of this I think it has something to do how my distribution
handes the make stuff. If I "manually" type in the ./configure stuff
configure tells me about "checking for hicolor theme... not found. Installing
our copy.
If I use their build-system configure tells about "checking for hicolor
theme... found".

So I guess I had to blame not you guys for this ... :)

--
You have a strong desire for a home and your family interests come first.