Xfce Helper proof of concept

edscott edscott at prodigy.net.mx
Fri Aug 27 02:01:04 CEST 2004

El jue, 26-08-2004 a las 17:54, Erik Harrison escribió:
> Doesn't xffm support opening a document with the users current default?

Yes, for quite a while in CVS. I think I did not announce it (like so
many other things). If you give a path to xffm then three things might
happen:

1- If the path is a directory, then that directory is opened with xffm.
2- If the path has an associated executable to the respective mimetype,
then that application is opened with the path as an argument (like
double clicking in xffm). In this case xffm is not started (only
libxfcegui4/xfce4-modules/mime is used).
3- If there is no associated executable to the path, then xffm will not
open either. Instead xfrun4 will open and the title bar of xfrun4 will
read "Open xxx.xxx with what program?" (xxx.xxx is the path specified).
Use xfrun4 to select program.

If path does not exist, xffm will open. An error message dialog might be
more appropriate in this case, I don't know.

Jasper, have a look at it and see if it is similar to xfce4-helper. I'm
not quite sure what you mean so it may be something else.

regards,

Edscott