Rodent icons

Jasper Huijsmans jasper at xfce.org
Sun Aug 22 17:24:36 CEST 2004

edscott wrote:
> El dom, 22-08-2004 a las 09:16, Jasper Huijsmans escribió:
>
>>Benedikt Meurer wrote:

>>>I don't think moving them to libxfcegui4 is a good idea. There should be
>>>a separate package xfce4-icon-theme(s) that contains the icons and
>>>installs them in their standard location ($datadir/icons/$theme).
>>>

>>Applications should install their default icons in the hicolor theme and
>>not depend on the availability of any icon theme.
>

> Agreed. But the Rodent icon set does not belong to any application in
> particular. It has mime icons, stock icons, and practically all the
> icons for all applications (right Francois?).
>
> Xffm, installs fallback icons someplace else. OK, I'll change that
> someplace else to the highcolor theme. Changing the fallback theme
> (fallback, not default) to the Rodent theme would practically put 80-90%
> of the such theme into highcolor theme. Probably not a Good Thing.
> Benny's idea sounds so much better.
>

>>Yeah, that means the panel fallback icons need to be changed to copies
>>from Rodent as well.
>

> I'm not too keen on copies, unless they are few and far between. The
> panel should have no problem thus.

Why have a different fallback theme if we prefer Rodent?

It may be different for mime icons and others that can be used by more
than one program, but for the panel it simply means that the rodent
theme does not need to contain the panel icons, because they are already
installed.

I really wouldn't want us to depend on yet another package. On the other
hand I wouldn't know where to fit the icon theme in our current
packages, so it may be alright.

	Jasper