xfce4-terminal patch

Randy Chung aoshi at OCF.Berkeley.EDU
Thu Aug 5 08:32:14 CEST 2004

That seems like an orthogonal issue to tab placement; I'm guessing
you're referring to the accel keys to open new tabs and move between
them?  I'm not very familiar with xterm's escape sequences (I usually
multiplex via screen, so I use those instead), so maybe I'm missing
something.

As for setting titles of terminal windows and other such, I'm not sure
it'd be possible to capture the control sequence without overwriting
unwanted results.  For example, let's say you start out without using
tabs.  Someone who uses the xterm control sequence to change the window
title would probably expect it to do just that; however, if the sequence
is intercepted (assuming this can be done, I haven't looked into it yet)
by the terminal program, does it a) change the window decorator title,
b) the (hidden) tab title, or c) both?  The same thing applies to when
you have multiple tabs open; does the title change escape sequence
modify tabs, window decorator, or both?

Sorry to only mention problems and not solutions, but I can't really see
a clear and obvious ideal one.  What might be useful (and is on my list
of things to do) is to make the window decorator title change to
whatever command is being run, a la rxvt (I think Konsole might do this
as well, but I don't recall offhand).  The title would, of course,
change depending on the active tab.  Kind of like screen....but more
visual ;)

If I've completely misread you and missed your point, please correct me
and I'll try to come up with a more appropriate answer :)

--

Randy