xfdesktop new stuff - needs testing
jasper at xfce.org
Wed Apr 21 18:40:17 CEST 2004
Brian J. Tarricone wrote:
> hi all-
> i committed a huge amount of stuff to xfdesktop this morning, and it
> should hopefully address a bunch of multiscreen (non-xinerama) issues.
> i know there will be problems with it, as i obviously can't test it, and
> there are a few things i'm just not sure about.
IIRC there is an option for Xnest to use 2 screens. Would that help you?
> there's a new settings dialog that needs testing as well. note: the
> color gradients don't do anything yet. note2: all your old desktop
> settings are now lost, as the MCS setting names have all changed (mainly
> just to "setting_screennum"). so write them down before updating if you
Some quick comments.
- Don't block the settings manager dialog (did you use gtk_dialog_run?
- You probably shouldn't show the 'Screen 0' tab when there's only one
- Could we try and find a way to not have a notebook in a notebook?
Perhaps multiple Background tabs in the main notebook (Background 1,
Background 2, Menu), or an option menu to choose the screen, with a
checkbutton to use the same setting for all screens? I think I like that
- If there is no better way, at least put a border around the inner
- (mostly my fault) The dialog is starting to look rather cluttered now.
Lot's of text, seemingly randomly positioned, the 'Don't set backdrop'
option seems out of place. I have no idea how to solve it though.
- I don't think we should use 'Backdrop' in our user interface. I'd
prefer a more 'normal' word like background. This is of course very much
No code, just words, I'm afraid :/
More information about the Xfce4-dev