Xfce 4.2 scope [WAS Re: dev FAQ?]

Olivier Fourdan fourdan at xfce.org
Mon Apr 19 00:05:01 CEST 2004

Well, desktop icons by itself doesn't make much sense IMHO.

I have aplan in the back of my head, and it would be to make a basic
file manager with icons (I mean really basic, simple, no fancy feature
at all) and that file manager could put icons on the desktop.

It would not compete nor replace xffm, just complement it for the users
whe really want 1) desktop icons or 2) and icon oriented file manager.

Cheers,
Olivier.

 - Olivier Fourdan - fourdan at xfce.org - http://www.xfce.org -