dev FAQ?

edscott wilson garcia edscott at imp.mx
Wed Apr 14 14:33:26 CEST 2004

El mié, 14-04-2004 a las 03:28, purslow at sympatico.ca escribió:
> 040413 Jasper Huijsmans wrote:
> > perhaps what we need is a feature request tracker.
> > Then people can comment there, point to the discussion,
> > claim features to implement,
> > reject features or support them as long as someone else does the work etc.
>
> </spectate>
>
> that seems like a very good idea
> or simply allow feature requests in the bug tracker
> with a flag to say which is which:
> it might go along with 'severe/normal/minor' as '/request'.

Definitely the best option. That would avoid the overhead of configuring
and managing an extra bug system. Also for developers it would be much
easier just to browse through a single system. I never understood why
features are not allowed in the bug tracker in the first place,
specially since there is already a "features" option, unless it was to
get extra comments on the feature from the mail list to approve or
discard it. But whoever gets the feature assigned can always query the
list before checking the "won't fix box". :-)