dev FAQ?

Brian J. Tarricone bjt23 at cornell.edu
Tue Apr 13 16:53:55 CEST 2004

On Tue, 13 Apr 2004, Tuukka Mäkinen wrote:

> Brian J. Tarricone wrote:
>
> > ok, we really need a dev/4.2 FAQ.  if i have to answer "will xfce have
> > support for desktop icons?" one more time, i may be forced to commit
> > homicide.  and i mean that in the nicest way possible.
>
> toc. I think that is such a drastic action that it should be discussed
> with other developers before you commit homicide to cvs.

hehehe, but perhaps you haven't noticed - i b0rk CVS on an almost daily
basis.  though resurrection is possible...

> Seriously, I think a developer FAQ would be a great idea. The problem is
> just to find someone dum.. brave enough to take an ordeal of writing it.
> Of cource with time FAQ would write itself but I would still suggest
> thinking of a structure for it instead of having 100 disorganized
> question-answer pairs.

good point.  though i'm sure later i'll regret taking this on, i'd be
willing to coordinate this with the other devs and accept questions and
try to organise them as coherently as possible.

my initial idea would be to organise it by component.  well, but instead
use "friendly" names, like "Desktop", "File Manager", "Window Manager",
etc., since it may not be immediately obvious to some users what "xfwm4"
or "xfdesktop" is.  i think this is simple enough to work...

	-brian