run by mimetype feature

edscott wilson garcia edscott at imp.mx
Wed Apr 7 23:50:04 CEST 2004

El mié, 07-04-2004 a las 14:26, LiNuCe escribió:
> Hello,
>
>     How does mimetype associations will be "guessed" ? By using the
> shared-mime-info library ? by extension ? Sorry if it seems to be a dumb
> question but I'm running XFCE 4.0.4, not the CVS version. Thanks for
> your answer.

CVS HEAD uses shared-mime-info, extends it with certain xfce defined
mime-info missing from the shared version, and augmented on a
user-by-user basis when the user checks the "remember" button when she
uses the "open with" function of xffm. This only works in CVS HEAD and
is available through the mime module from xfce4-modules.

Edscott