desktop menu button enlarg the panel

Jean-François Wauthy pollux at xfce.org
Wed Apr 7 23:09:53 CEST 2004

Le mer 07/04/2004 à 22:56, Jasper Huijsmans a écrit :
> Olivier Fourdan wrote:
> > Jeff,
> >
> > Beside the size problem, I still think that text is useless unless there
> > is a mean for changing the displayed text.
> >
> > And even so, I bet that if any distro needs to customize the text,
> > they'll use the Gimp and produce a nice icon rather than using pure
> > ascii text like that.
> >
> > But, well, this is my opinion.
> >

> I have to agree with this. What's the reason to have the menu be the
> only button in the panel with text? What's the purpose of the text?
>
> 	Jasper
the purpose of the text was just an esthetic question to me : with the
text and placed at the left of the panel (located at the bottom of the
screen) it makes me think about a (unfortunately) well known start
button... but i never tought about changing the icon and add a text to
it, and with this new point of view i begin to think the "text" option
isn't necessary and can be removed.