icon theme reorg plan

Jasper Huijsmans jasper at xfce.org
Fri Apr 2 08:36:04 CEST 2004

Op vr 02-04-2004, om 00:59 schreef Brian J. Tarricone:
> hi all-
>
> benny and i worked up a plan for what to do to unify all the icon stuff
> and make everything Way Cool.  well, ok, benny came up with the ideas,
> and i nodded, smiled, and played devil's advocate while my objections
> were mercilessly destroyed by the Forces of Logic...

;-)

Sounds nice. Applications would only need to provide an icon name and
everything else could be dealt with automatically. Does GtkImage in 2.4
support icon themes and named icons? If it does, we might consider
providing a fallback for 2.2.

About the user interface, do you propose to separate xfce/other(gtk)
theme settings? or restrict the icon themes to xfce ones? or, perhaps,
try to match an xfce theme when the user chooses a non-xfce theme?

Do you and benny have some time to implement this plan? It doesn't sound
that hard, but it will take some time, I guess.

	Jasper