xfce version 3 vs. 4 : missing features?

Olivier Fourdan fourdan at xfce.org
Mon Sep 29 22:40:29 CEST 2003

It is not all that easy.

1) The iconbox has no layout of icons (ie if the icons don't fit in
screen, the iconbox doesn't care and keeps growing)
2) The iconbox has no caption, that makes it fairly useless on the
desktop
3) ths code itself is not very clean IMHO and would need some work. I
think Toby said he was working on a new version
4) icons on desktop would better be implemented with a nice well written
custom home made gtk widget and that's definitely more work than just
cut'n paste from the current iconbox.

Cheers,
Olivier.