OT: pirated email

BluPhoenyx quazar at dcnet2000.com
Tue Sep 23 00:41:12 CEST 2003

On Mon, 22 Sep 2003 14:35:11 -0700 (PDT)
Ric <fhj52ads at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I agree.  These emails are being sent from one source to another and
> then sent to the end recipient.  The last go around with this mess,
> there was only one"From" source in the headers for the SoBig emails.
>  These folks are getting
> sneakier... but not much smarter.  Sending me code that runs on
> *Windows is a waste of BW.  Maybe that is what they really want - to
> completely bring the net down by sucking up all the BW....?
>
> That also makes me feel a little better since I was only getting ~ a
> dozen or 2 a day.  I'd be one MSOB if I had gotten slammed with "a
> few hundred".  I am already PO'd enuf with the PING( Cyberkit ) that
> my FW keeps getting...

I was to the point of contacting my ISP and changing my account info
before I remembered that Sylpheed-Claws could block large mails
without downloading them. The only drawback would be if a person
receives largish pics or other attachments.

> Thanks Mike.

Glad to help.

Mike T.

Linux user #169067