Gaim and systray

Olivier Fourdan fourdan at xfce.org
Sat Sep 13 01:57:37 CEST 2003

Hi,

On Sat, 2003-09-13 at 04:28, Duarte Henriques wrote:
> Hi, I notice a bug with gaim and the panel systray, when running gaim at
> startup, sometimes (not always, but I can't find the cause) it just
> doesn't appear, although it's running. and it's there, but off the
> screen boundries, so I can't see it or click it.
> Then when I do killall gaim; gaim, it stays visible, but takes up two
> slots of the tray!

We are aware of the issue, but the root cause is unclear, We don't know
if it's a bug in the systray implementation in xfce4 (most likely) or a
bug in GtkPlug.

> I'm running RC4. Of course this might be a gaim problem...

It's not a gaim problem.

> On a side note, if I chnge to another workspace and then click the gaim
> tray icon to show the buddy list, I think it should appear on the
> current workspace, and not the one from which it was started, right?
> maybe the standard is the other way around, but it just doesn't feel
> right to click on the systray and nothing happens... (until I check the
> graphical pager)

Ok, this version should fix that issue:

http://www.xfce.org/archive/test/xfwm4-cvs.tar.bz2

Olivier Fourdan - fourdan at xfce.org

   Interoperability is the keyword, uniformity is a dead end.
   http://www.xfce.org