kill client removed (mail in Moe's name)

nestu nestu at lunar-linux.org
Fri Sep 12 14:04:34 CEST 2003

Olivier Fourdan wrote:
> Hi all,
Hello! ;)
I'm sending this mail in Moe's name because
<quote>
<Moe> nestu: Could you please do me a favour and write a mail to the
xfce4-dev objecting against the feature removal announced by Olivier?
<Moe>I can't send any mail to it because I haven't set up my email
client for sending emails for my lunar account
  </quote>
> Until now, there was a kind of hidden function in xfwm4: If you click
> using the right mouse button on the close button, the client was killed
> (ala xkill)
>
> I decided to remove this functionality for the final release as I think
> it's a bit dangerous (if you right click by mistake the client is killed
> and has no chance to recover or prompt the user for unsaved data, for
> example)
<quote>
<Moe> Just that clicking on the big X means to close an application ..
it doesn't matter wether somebody uses the left or (accidentaly) the
right button
<Moe> I'm using this feature alot .. ripping it off would mean killing
every crapped off application by hand via a terminal :-/
</quote>
> Cheers,
CU,
Moe :þ