Rootwindow printer?

BluPhoenyx quazar at dcnet2000.com
Wed Sep 10 19:55:17 CEST 2003

On Wed, 10 Sep 2003 07:00:43 -0400
Matthew Weier OPhinney <matthew-lists at weierophinney.net> wrote:

> I believe something like this is possible with ROX-Filer and its
> backdrop; if it hasn't been done, there's certainly documentation on
> how to write an application that would accomplish it in that
> projects documentation (browse around on the rox.sourceforge.net
> site for docs, if interested).
>
> The reason I say this is that ROX-Filer could be an alternative to
> using xfdesktop; of course, then you lose the root menu that goes
> along with xfdesktop (I replaced mine with deskmenu, available from
> the oroborus project). You could also take a look at the ROX-Filer
> code for handling backdrops and see if it's code that could be
> ported to work with/patch xfdesktop.

There is an existing alternative called XOSD (X on screen display) which should work as well. I know it works when using the ROX-Filer pinboard feature. IIRC, the project is here, http://www.ignavus.net/software.html and a quick google for 'XOSD' yields some other interesting items.

Mike T.

Linux user #169067