show stopper in xfwm4

Olivier Fourdan fourdan at xfce.org
Mon Sep 1 21:38:42 CEST 2003

Hi Edscott,

On Mon, 2003-09-01 at 17:07, edscott wilson garcia wrote:
> I came across a showstopper in xfwm4. On clicking the [-] from the title
> bar, I doubleclicked simultaneously with the mouse move and the window
> did not close nor did the menu appear.

I cannot reproduce that here. And I hardly see how this can happen given
the code that handle this in xfwm4. This could come from gtk itself.

Where you rinning from a remote display? What's your gtk version?

> Xfwm4 went into an endless loop.
> Output on terminal on which X was running was:
>
> Max = 1249

That's not from xfwm4 at least.

> printed about twice a second.
> Apparently the maximize menu entry got a signal before it was supposed
> to and xfwm4 looped trying to figure out the maximization borders. It is
> very rare and difficult to reproduce, but it will force an X shutdown.

That doesn't make much sense. If you are able to reproduce the problem,
a gdb on the running process would tell where it is looping...

Olivier Fourdan - fourdan at xfce.org

   Interoperability is the keyword, uniformity is a dead end.
   http://www.xfce.org