New desktop: updates

Luca Roccia little_rock at users.sourceforge.net
Tue Oct 14 15:52:52 CEST 2003

Il mar, 2003-10-14 alle 15:40, edscott wilson garcia ha scritto:
> On Tue, 2003-10-14 at 03:06, Luca Roccia wrote:
> > Setting different bg for workspace isn't that diffucult (i suppose).
> > I've only how to decide how to save the user options:
> > 1) One only setting.xml file with all the options?
> > 	This means that if you have 10 workspaces you'll have an image string
> > really to long (saving all 10 image paths on the same string is needed)
>
> I'm quite sure that if you take some time to think things over, you will
> see that there is an alternative to saving all 10 image paths on the
> same string. The g_strconcat() function is very useful for merging
> strings into a larger string. Example:
> gchar *g=g_strconcat(string1,string2,string3,NULL);
> useful_function(g);
> g_free(g);
>
> You can use as many strings as you want with g_strconcat().

This is abolutely true but the final string will bee to long and it will
be no easy at all to manage different list for different workspaces.
I think that I'll use an xml file to describe the appearance of
workspaces with one settings/workspace.xml to save all other user
setting. This will really semplify the menagment of any kind of
information and customization.

Luca Roccia <little_rock at users.sourceforge.net>