New desktop: updates

edscott wilson garcia edscott at imp.mx
Tue Oct 14 15:40:58 CEST 2003

On Tue, 2003-10-14 at 03:06, Luca Roccia wrote:
> Setting different bg for workspace isn't that diffucult (i suppose).
> I've only how to decide how to save the user options:
> 1) One only setting.xml file with all the options?
> 	This means that if you have 10 workspaces you'll have an image string
> really to long (saving all 10 image paths on the same string is needed)

I'm quite sure that if you take some time to think things over, you will
see that there is an alternative to saving all 10 image paths on the
same string. The g_strconcat() function is very useful for merging
strings into a larger string. Example:
gchar *g=g_strconcat(string1,string2,string3,NULL);
useful_function(g);
g_free(g);

You can use as many strings as you want with g_strconcat().

regards,

Edscott