New desktop, test ver.

Luca Roccia little_rock at users.sourceforge.net
Tue Oct 7 18:47:30 CEST 2003

Here is the first version mvideo.sourceforge.net/xfce4-desktop.tar.bz2
It is mainly a test ver.

Anyway background code is complete (no bugs or memory leaks left I hope
:))
Icon code is only partially complete. For safety purpouse isn't possible
to launch prog.s douple-clicking on icons.
In these days I'll finish icon code, adding:
Transparency for caption;
Alpha channel for img.s;
Finishing support for "action icons" (like trash icon & co)

Please note that icon-files must be stored in ~/Desktop and starts with
a dot (eg. .xine.lnk).
Attached you'll find an icon-file example.

Please tell me what do you think of the development done right now.

P.S.
Right now (to manage icons and desktop) xfce4-desktop (this is the name
I thought) takes 5Mb. where idesk takes 7/8 Mb. to manage only icons :)
--
Luca Roccia <little_rock at users.sourceforge.net>