New desktop

edscott wilson garcia edscott at prodigy.net.mx
Mon Oct 6 16:52:44 CEST 2003

On Mon, 2003-10-06 at 08:12, Luca Roccia wrote:
> Hi
>
> I'm writing a new desktop manager.
> Right now it can handle icons (no alpha channel only bg transparency and
> caption hasn't got transparency at all right now) and change the
> background (I'm still coding for a decent root menu).
>
> It doesn't create a big window to cover root window; so there will be
> problems at all with programs like xsnox & co.

I like that. I never did fancy the big window on top of root window when
I first saw it in K.. The following abilities would be nice:
1- Different backgrounds for different workspaces
2- When a list of images is used for background, be able to change them
on a timeout basis instead of only by login/logout
3- Compatibility with the xfce4 menu.xml

regards,

Edscott