[ANN] xfce4-notes-0.9 - plugin for panel

Jasper Huijsmans jasper at moongroup.com
Mon Oct 6 09:53:32 CEST 2003

Op ma 06-10-2003, om 07:33 schreef Jakob Henriksson:
> Hello,
>
> I'm sorry if this might have been posted twice.
>
> Anyway, I wrote a plugin to the panel, a stickynotes applet called
> Notes. Try it out if you want.
>
> Screenshot and downloads at:
> http://www.lysator.liu.se/~b0kaj/programming/notes/

Excellent! I'm definitely using this. The code is very easy to read as
well.

I have a few suggestions (already ;-).

Middle click to add a new note is not very intuitive, but what's worse,
it may be difficult for some people to use. I suggest you use
double-click for that.

I would love to be able to set the note title. Don't know how to best
put that in the user interface. Perhaps double click on the title.

Also, would it be possible to get rid of the cursor when the note
doesn't have focus? I guess you could change whether it is editable on
focus in / out events.

You should change the COPYING file. It contains the BSD licence terms,
but your files are GPL'ed.

Finally, would you like to host it on the xfce-goodies site? Just let me
know.

Thanks, great work,

	Jasper