Plugin interface: Information and Version

Benedikt Meurer benedikt.meurer at unix-ag.uni-siegen.de
Tue Nov 25 18:50:36 CET 2003

>>typedef struct {
>>	char* name;
>>	char* version;
>>	char* maintainer;
>>	char* website;
>>	char* description;
>>	char* reserved[10];
>>} XfcePluginInfo;
>>
>>That'll reserve space for 10 additional pointers and will work in any
>>case I think. I'm not sure if all C compilers allow smooth additions of
>>new members to the end of a structure without breaking things. Anyone
>>with exact infos on this topic?
>
> Why not a single gpointer? You can always use that pointer to save an
> array of pointers or whatever.

I think its easier reserving space for a fixed number of pointer, for
convenience reasons, you can always use one of these pointers to save an
array of pointers, but for normal use, say an email addresse, you can
just use one of them to store an email address and don't have to care
about another struct that contains the email address and a pointer to
another array/struct.

Just my 0.02€...

Benedikt

--