desktopmenu future plans?

Tuukka Mäkinen tukem at iki.fi
Sat Nov 22 13:43:50 CET 2003

Biju Chacko wrote:
> AFAIK, the menu-spec is the definitive source and the dtd can be considered a
> supporting document. So when in doubt go by the spec.

Well this problem is history anyway I mailed Heinrich Wendel yesterday
and he added <All> entry to dtd file within 10 minutes. I just forgot to
tell you about the problem being solved already.

> BTW, in your example I think both <Include> clauses are redundant because an
> <AppDir> entry by default includes all desktop entries in it and it's
> subdirectories.

I first did this same mistake but actually the spec says:
"Desktop entries in this directory are scanned and added to the pool of
entries which can be included in this <Menu> and its submenus."

So the <AppDir> entry just tells that when you <include> something check
this directory (and all it's subdirectories) to find that something.

-Tuukka