mime icons for panel

edscott wilson garcia edscott at lunar-linux.org
Fri Nov 21 21:04:44 CET 2003

Hey Jazman:

   I just finished a small app to edit the icons associated to mime
types. The program can also be used to drag the icons to the "other
icon" properties entry box for launcher plugin. It uses the "mime_icons"
module from xffm, but can be compiled before xffm since the dependency
is only at runtime.

   The "mime_icons" module searches for icons at (in this order):
  1- /usr/local/share/xfce4/themes/$theme
  2- /usr/local/share/xffm/pixmaps/$theme (and subdirs)
  3- /usr/local/share/xffm/pixmaps

  Xffm is now using icons from the panel with this module, and allows
sharing of xffm-icons.

  I was thinking about a button in the panel launcher properties (that
will only unhide itself if xffm_theme_maker is found), so the custom
icon can be directly dragged from the mime definitions. Or maybe some
other way... What do you think?

  Currently xffm_theme_maker is at berlios.

  xffm_theme_maker screenshot at http://linux.imp.mx/xtm.png