XFce4 in Debian GNU/Linux Sarge

Martin Loschwitz madkiss at madkiss.org
Sun Nov 9 21:45:09 CET 2003

On Sun, Nov 09, 2003 at 09:31:25PM +0100, Olivier Fourdan wrote:
> any particular reason for that?
>
> On Sun, 2003-11-09 at 21:24, Martin Loschwitz wrote:
> > Hi folks,
> >
> > i've repeatedly been asked whether XFce4 would be in Debian GNU/Linux 3.1,
> > codename Sarge. I hereby state that from what I can say now, XFce4 will
> > _not_ be part of the Sarge release.

Yes. XFce4 was released when the plan to release Sarge on Dec 1st was already
announced. We will not be able to release Sarge at Dec 1st. XFce4 was removed
from testing in meanwhile (because the CVS snapshots were too buggy). I guess
getting it back into testing would take way too long (esp. since in theory, we
already have a 'no-more-unnecessary-changes'-phrase).