X died

Matthew Weier OPhinney matthew-lists at weierophinney.net
Sat Nov 8 17:59:23 CET 2003

-- EddieX <eddiex at se.linux.org> wrote
(on Saturday, 08 November 2003, 12:59 AM +0100):
> Hi!
> Yesterday when i was checkin something on the web using Mozilla Firebird
> 0.7(release) under XFce4 4.0 and Slackware 9.1 my whole Xserver died.
> I was scrolling the page down in Firebird and then it just dies.
>
> I could not figure out exactly what made this happened. It said
> something about "gdk-pixbuf" error after the Xserver died. Is this
> something related to XFce or just Firebird that is known not to be rock
> solid.

gdk-pixbuf is a set of libraries used for displaying images in GTK
widgets -- both Firebird and XFCE use GTK, so it could have been either
one, though my guess is that it was Firebird, as F's gtk support is
still in development.

--
Matthew Weier O'Phinney
http://weierophinney.net/matthew/