Panel crash

Bernhard Walle Bernhard.Walle at gmx.de
Sat Nov 8 10:36:51 CET 2003

Hello,

On Fri, 07 Nov 2003 at 21:57 (+0100), Jasper Huijsmans wrote:
> Op 2003-11-07 21:13:12 schreef Bernhard Walle:
> >
> >today my Xfce4 panel crashed. There was the usual xmessage box.
> >I think the bug report is not very helpful for you because I have no
> >backtrace.
>
> You didn't do anything that you feel may be related to the crash?

No. System load was high in that moment, then the panel crashed. I also
had a crash a few weeks ago with 4.0.0 on a different Linux installation.

Since there's loss of data if the panel crash (very good work!) it is
not so important.

Do you have any idea how to improve the panel in a way that crashes
produce more information for debugging?

Maybe a plugin was responsible for the crash, maybe *my* netload plugin.
I use netload, sysload, showdesktop, audio, clipman, two-state and
mailcheck.

Regards,
Bernhard