xffm: Sorting

edscott wilson garcia edscott at prodigy.net.mx
Sat Nov 1 22:12:05 CET 2003

On Sat, 2003-11-01 at 14:20, Danny Milosavljevic wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Am Fre, den 31.10.2003 schrieb edscott wilson garcia um 15:47:
> > On Fri, 2003-10-31 at 07:35, Danny Milosavljevic wrote:
> > > When in a folder which has subfolders, and clicking on the Column Header
> > > "Date", the subfolders are not resorted, are they ?
> >
> > Because the sorting method, as well as other options when selected from
> > the popup, affect only the folder of the *selected* node. If you want to
> > change all, do the popup on the root folder.
> >
> > Three points to note:
> > - filetype subsorting
> > - show hidden
> > - image autopreviews
> >
> > Can be toggled on/off on a global basis with the main menu. Only if they
> > are globally off will the corresponding popup entry appear so the
> > setting can be overridden on a per-directory (and children) basis.
>
> yes, but what I mean is in this setting:
>
> X (folder)
> +-- Y (folder)
> +-- Z (folder)
> +-- f1 (file)
> +-- f2 (file)
>
> f1 and f2 are sorted (i.e.rearranged) by date when I select "sort by
> date" on X (or on the treeview header), but Y and Z are not.
>
> What I'm trying to do is get the folders which were last modified at the
> top of the tree :)

Currently only files within folders are sorted because directories
always get placed at top, subsorted by name a..z first. You would have
to play around with the compare function to get the directories
subsorted with the chosen sort method too. The compare function is

int gdir_compare(const void *a, const void *b);

at libs/gdir.c

regards,

Edscott