keythemes... locations

Matthew Weier OPhinney matthew-lists at weierophinney.net
Thu May 29 21:44:46 CEST 2003

Okay, so the new install of xfwm4 gave me good documentation finally --
evidently, the CVS I've been updating on my system got botched, and I
was missing a good portion of it.

Anyways, in reading about how and where to redefine keythemes for
keybindings, I discovered something I'd like to request: can xfwm4 have
a directory where it looks for user themes (both xfwm4 themes and
keythemes) -- this would make it nice for those who want to customize
and install their own themes, but don't have root privileges for
installing them. This could even be $HOME/.xfce4/themes, if a new
subdirectory isn't warranted.

Also, would it be possible for the panel and xfwm4 to take a commandline
option specifying the location of the rc file and/or settings directory?
Or to be able to set this in an environmental variable? The reason I ask
is that I have my local system setup such that one machine acts as an
XDMCP server to other machines; not all of these machines have the same
display size. It would be nice to be able to log in as the same user
from a machine with a smaller display and have a different panel, or to
have different keyboard shortcuts (one machine is a laptop, which has a
much different keyboard than the desktops).

This may fall in the realm of feature request... but I think they are
non-trivial in terms of their applicability.

--
Matthew Weier O'Phinney
matthew at weierophinney.net
http://matthew.weierophinney.net