Internationalisation problems

edscott wilson garcia edscott at imp.mx
Thu May 29 15:26:59 CEST 2003

On Wed, 2003-05-28 at 20:00, Joakim Andreasson wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Anyway, I cannot get internationalisation to work, or even the .mo files
> installed. All that happens when the make install process reaches the po
> directories is:
> Some perhaps usable information about my system:
>
> FreeBSD 4.7, gettext (GNU gettext) 0.11.5, libtool 1.3.4-freebsd-ports,
> automake (GNU automake) 1.7 .

I haven't been able to make internationalization work in freeBSD. On
exporting the LANG variable, I get:

"Gdk-WARNING **: locale not supported by C library"

Although this seems more a gettext/glibc than a xfce4 issue, it would be
a good thing to get it documented. Does anybody have any clues, or is
everybody in the dark as Joakim and myself?

Edscott