Roadmap reminder

Moritz Heiber MisterMoe at hackerboard.de
Thu May 29 12:24:30 CEST 2003

On Thu, 29 May 2003 10:53:09 +0200
Jasper Huijsmans <jasper at moongroup.com> wrote:

> Hey,
>
> Someone once thought of the following roadmap:
>
>     * 12 May : Last call for feature requests
>     * 31 May : XFce4-BETA1 (Translation freeze)
>     * 31 May - 29 June : Additional BETA releases
>     * 30 June : XFce4-RC1 (Documentation freeze)
>     * 30 June - 15 July : Additional Release Candidates
>     * 15 July : XFce4-RELEASE
>
> As you can see we are just a couple of days before the first beta. Now
> the question is, are we ready for that?

I'm going to revise the translation as soon as possible for a release.
Apart from that all other components seem to be ready for a first beta
but we should make up a README or at least a webpage which describes the
installation process of that beta in very details to avoid questions
like those related to the outdated libgui or similar things answered a
hundred times on the mailinglist.

> One additional difficulty with the above roadmap is that I will be on
> vacation from 11 June to 26 June. So, I won't be able to help out with
> bug fixing and documentation in that period.

Same here ... 13th until the 23rd.

Bye,

Moritz

PS: I just realized that there is still some wicked task to come which
is translating the docs ...