Problem with moving windows to workspaces

Luis Miguel Garcia ktech at wanadoo.es
Thu May 22 14:12:51 CEST 2003

this problem has already been reported. The problem is that the "movement" that counts in order to do the resistance MUST be only horizontal. Actually, it count the vertical movement too and thus the resistance depends on the "shape" of the movement.

Olivier? This mustn't be too dificult to solve, not to?

:)

On Thu, 22 May 2003 01:55:58 -0500
Don Tanner <mesa at linuxtux.org> wrote:

> On Sun, 18 May 2003 10:04:57 +0200
> Jasper Huijsmans <jasper at moongroup.com> wrote:
>
> > Look in the window manager settings dialog -> 'Misc' tab folder -> Wrap
> > workspaces. The option is now connected to the pointer switching
> > workspaces when you reach the edge. So you can now switch workspaces
> > with the mouse, either with or without dragging a window along with it
> > ;-)
> >
> > 	Jasper
> >

> Hello everyone,
>
> I love being able to switch workspaces by dragging windows.
> The option to adjust resistance and turn it on/off is great, Perfect.
>
> Although,  the pointer being connected to that function is extremely
> annoying and disruptive. ie: your mouse is just sitting at windows edge,
> the moment you touch the mouse (moving it upwards or downards )
> you switch workspaces automatically (no resistance required).
> IMHO This feature >  (Pointer changing workspaces needs to be totally seperate from windows switching workspaces.)
> With the pointer changing workspaces also having its own on/off and resistance settings.
>
> This is especially noticeable on an optical mouse (high sensitivty to movement).
>
> Please consider "disconnecting" these 2 features.
>
> btw: did a fresh install cvs-030522 of everything including extras/ and it is really awesome!
>
> Peace,
> Don
>
> > On Sun, 18 May 2003 00:58:50 -0700 (PDT)
> > Peter Mitchub <mitchubus2 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> >
> > > Hi all,
> > >
> > > in my previous (ca. 1 week old cvs checkout) I could
> > > grab a window's titlebar, move it sufficiently far to
> > > the right/left and it would jump to the resp. adjacent
> > > workspace... but somehow i can't do this anymore (cvs
> > > checkout from last night)... I'm running b5 (beos)
> > > theme by default but even with the default one (i just
> > > changed back to test) it doesn't work -- was it
> > > purposefully disabled? If so: is there any way to turn
> > > it back on :)
> > >
> > > Thanks already,
> > > Peter

Luis Miguel Garcia Mancebo
Ingenieria Tecnica en Informatica de Gestion
Universidad de Deusto / University of Deusto
Bilbao / Spain
there's no place that I could be without you
there's no place that I could gleam without you
there's no place that I could dream without you
there's no place that I could be without you
honestly