Problem with moving windows to workspaces

Don Tanner mesa at linuxtux.org
Thu May 22 08:55:58 CEST 2003

On Sun, 18 May 2003 10:04:57 +0200
Jasper Huijsmans <jasper at moongroup.com> wrote:

> Look in the window manager settings dialog -> 'Misc' tab folder -> Wrap
> workspaces. The option is now connected to the pointer switching
> workspaces when you reach the edge. So you can now switch workspaces
> with the mouse, either with or without dragging a window along with it
> ;-)
>
> 	Jasper

Hello everyone,

I love being able to switch workspaces by dragging windows.
The option to adjust resistance and turn it on/off is great, Perfect.

Although,  the pointer being connected to that function is extremely
annoying and disruptive. ie: your mouse is just sitting at windows edge,
the moment you touch the mouse (moving it upwards or downards )
you switch workspaces automatically (no resistance required).
IMHO This feature >  (Pointer changing workspaces needs to be totally seperate from windows switching workspaces.)
With the pointer changing workspaces also having its own on/off and resistance settings.

This is especially noticeable on an optical mouse (high sensitivty to movement).

Please consider "disconnecting" these 2 features.

btw: did a fresh install cvs-030522 of everything including extras/ and it is really awesome!

Peace,
Don