defaults (Was: Re: xfce4-mixer)

Jasper Huijsmans jasper at moongroup.com
Thu May 22 13:07:44 CEST 2003

On Thu, 22 May 2003 12:18:10 +0200 (CEST)
Olivier FOURDAN <fourdan.olivier at wanadoo.fr> wrote:

> There is however a workarround for this: Simply close stdin prior to
> run the command and X won't lock. xfce3 had such a workarround.

hmm, we could add that to the exec functions anyway.

> That said, IMO,  it's generally a bad idea to default to console app
> (and that's true for using pine as a mailreader too). I would prefer
> no application at all so that the user can set what (s)he wants w/out
> running into such trouble, or even being disappointed to run a console
> app to read mails on a (so called) graphical desktop environnement.

Yeah, you're right. I have been neglecting the default configuration
issues a bit, but I guess now is a good time to start looking at that
again.

I need to go through the entire panel configuration. I think I want to
use a configuration close to the default xfce3 one and I would love to
see a xfce3->xfce4 conversion script.

Anyway, I'm afraid I will be away for about a week now, so XFce work
will have to wait a bit.

	Jasper