Impressions

Jasper Huijsmans jasper at moongroup.com
Fri May 16 12:32:48 CEST 2003

On Fri, 16 May 2003 12:20:18 +0200
Moritz Heiber <MisterMoe at hackerboard.de> wrote:

> > I switched off autohide. I don't really like it. I was just
> > wondering about people who do.
>
> Well .. I do since I don't have a screen as large as some other users
> on this list ;-p

I never thought I would, but I actually like it myself. It doesn't work
with plugins you want to be able to see at a glance (clock, mail, etc).
Therefore, I have only launchers on the panel and use the taskbar and
gkrellm for status information.

To me, on the other hand, hiding the taskbar makes no sense, since I
want to see the available windows, or the current desktop, or the status
icon area at a glance.

I guess it all depends on how you use the panel and other components.

	Jasper