Impressions

Jasper Huijsmans jasper at moongroup.com
Fri May 16 11:28:41 CEST 2003

Hehe, so you finally updated, it's about time ;-)

On Fri, 16 May 2003 13:15:33 +0530
Biju Chacko <biju_chacko at vsnl.net> wrote:

> 2. Panel Autohide: Incredibly annoying esp combined with scrollable
> workspaces. Since I use a vertical panel, half the time I scroll to
> the next workspace instead of unhiding the panel. Need to fix this.

Yeah, you have to turn either option off or use a large resistance for
workspace wrap (although that is probably not how people want to use
this feature).

OT, personally I don't like the pointer to wrap workspaces, but I do
like being able to drag windows to another workspace. I won't ask for
extra options though, I'm against that.

> 3. Window Highlight on Alt-Tab: On my low population desktop, this
> makes the popup caption redundant. Can I switch off the caption? I'm
> sure there are people who would prefer to switch off the highlight.
> Both need to be made optional (if they aren't already).

Please, no more options. This sounds to me as a very minor problem, a
bit of redundant information. Not worth it to further fill up the
already crammed xfwm settings dialog.

> 4. xffm: I *still* don't use it! ;-) I'm sure this makes a welcome
> change from all the cheering edscott! ;-)

I didn't use xftree either. I'm afraid I prefer icon views or mc-like
two-pane file managers. But I must say xffm is shaping up very nicely. I
will try using it a bit more, perhaps I'll learn to like it eventually.

	Jasper