Impressions

Jasper Huijsmans jasper at moongroup.com
Fri May 16 11:14:00 CEST 2003

On Fri, 16 May 2003 14:32:34 +0530
Biju Chacko <biju_chacko at vsnl.net> wrote:

> On Fri, 16 May 2003 10:56:54 +0200, Juraj Ziegler wrote:
>
> > > 3. Window Highlight on Alt-Tab: On my low population desktop, this
> > > makes the popup caption redundant. Can I switch off the caption?
> > > I'm sure there are people who would prefer to switch off the
> > > highlight. Both need to be made optional (if they aren't already).
> >
> > For me, the highlight does not matter. What irritates me, that the
> > xfce panel is in the list of windows to switch to. But I never-ever
> > want to switch to it. Nor do I want to switch to gkrellm, or my
> > aterm running xtail and displaying system logs.
> >
> > Would it be possible to add a way to drop specific windows from the
> > windows-cycle list?
>
> The application needs to take care of this. Gkrellm2 for example
> offers this as an option.

No, this is different. He is talking about the Alt-Tab window cycle.

These apps are in that cycle to be able to use keyboard navigation only.
Otherwise you'd have no way to get to the panel using the keyboard. It
is a feature ;-)

It is of course theoretically possible to make this an option, but I'm
against extra options, especially for xfwm, since it already has so
many. That is only my opinion though.

	Jasper