SMB Browsing problem in xffm

Luis Miguel Garcia ktech at wanadoo.es
Mon May 12 21:36:00 CEST 2003

The same problem here:

XFSAMBA> smbclient -N -L //IS~SERVIDOR
added interface ip=158.227.95.169 bcast=158.227.255.255 nmask=255.255.0.0
Connection to IS~SERVIDOR failed

(where the name of one of the computers in the group is SERVIDOR)

any tip, edscott?

cheers,

luis miguel garcia

On Mon, 12 May 2003 11:46:43 -0700 (PDT)
Pete Masterson <mitchubus at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> i've just tried to use the (AMAZING) xffm for SMB
> browing  on our network domain. I've setup smb.conf
> properly (i think), as a manual mount works just fine.
>
> Basically, when i double click the domain name i get
> the following output:
>
> XFSAMBA> smbclient -N -L //IS~SERVER
> added interface ip=... bcast=... nmask=...
> Connection to IS~SERVER failed
>
> I don't know why it uses "IS~" because a manual
>
> smbclient -U username -L //SERVER
>
> while
>
> smbclient -U username -L //IS~SERVER
>
> fails.
>
> Does anyone know how to deal with this (i.e.
> configuring username/password and why xffm is choosing
> IS~ .... ???
>

> Thanks a lot!!
> Peter.

Luis Miguel Garcia Mancebo
Ingenieria Tecnica en Informatica de Gestion
Universidad de Deusto / University of Deusto
Bilbao / Spain
there's no place that I could be without you
there's no place that I could gleam without you
there's no place that I could dream without you
there's no place that I could be without you
honestly