Documentation structure

Jasper Huijsmans jasper at moongroup.com
Fri May 9 23:38:06 CEST 2003

On Fri, 9 May 2003 00:22:29 +0200
Jasper Huijsmans <jasper at moongroup.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'd like to know what you think about the general documentation
> structure I put up here:
>
> http://members.home.nl/jbhuijsmans/xfce4-user-guide/
>
> It splits the documentation into a user guide, which will give an
> overview of the desktop, explain general concepts and describe some
> common tasks, and separate manuals for each module, which I now have
> formatted into one html page.
>
> This is what I currently think is the best way to present our
> information. For this to work I think it may be best to install a
> simple index file like I have now on the above page to make it easy to
> find the documentation. If not all modules are installed, some links
> will be dead. Ideally this index would be autogenerated, but that may
> be added at a later date.

I would like to get some feedback on this issue. There are two ways to
handle this (that I see):

1) Have an index.html pointing to the available docs, somewhat like I
have now on the page mentioned above, or

2) Have the user guide link to all possible manuals, like it is in
current CSV version.

I think I prefer (1),

	Jasper