how do you compile and run the mixer?

Danny danny.milo at gmx.net
Thu May 8 19:53:17 CEST 2003

Hi!

Am Mit, 2003-05-07 um 03.42 schrieb Todd Slater:
> On Wed, 07 May 2003 03:25:38 +0200
> Danny <danny.milo at gmx.net> wrote:
>
> > Am Mit, 2003-05-07 um 00.29 schrieb Todd Slater:
> > > I've done ./configure, make, make install, but I can't find the
> > > mixer. Where does it live and how do I get it on the panel?
> >
> > Hmm its a small volume changer plugin so far, you can add it to the
> > panel with "add item"... called "Volume Control"
>
> Danny,
>
> I don't have the option to add item called Volume Control; do I need to
> rebuild the panel or something else (as well)?

No, building and installing the xfce4-extras/xfce4-mixer dir should suffice.
Please do 'ls /usr/lib/xfce4/panel-plugins/'
(replace /usr by /usr/local if appropriate)...
there should be a libmixer.so ...

also try starting the panel within a terminal to see if it tells and
warnings on the terminal.

> Todd

Danny