xffm issues

edscott wilson garcia edscott at imp.mx
Wed May 7 03:45:45 CEST 2003

El mar, 06-05-2003 a las 16:44, Jasper Huijsmans escribió:
> Hey,
>
> > > Then, even if you do install the extras, xffm breaks because there
> > > is no mime.xml file installed.
> >
> > That's weird. I thought I left the mime.xml files in the xffm
> > directory.
>
> I'll have a look at this tomorow.
>

> > > I think I can fix the icon stuff, without breaking too much other
> > > things, if you want. Let me know if I can help,
> >
> > Please do. Benny wanted to move the icons to xfce4-themes. Users
> > should have the choice of only downloading the icons for their
> > favorite theme and not all the icons if they don't want them all.
> >

> This is a bad idea IMO. xfce4-extras should not be an integral part of
> the desktop. It should contain only additional, non-essential stuff,
> like themes, plugins and utilities.
>
> I think it's fairly broken to ship a graphical file manager without
> icons. The option to turn them off is fine, but at least one theme
> should be installed with the main package.

Sounds logical. Besides, the gnome theme does not work well with
standard gnome icon set since I added some ten or twenty gnomish style
icons. I will put it back under the name xfce-gnome. I an also making
xffm look for standard gnome, kde and rox icons so that those themes
will work even if the extra icons are not installed, if gnome or kde or
rox are previously installed. But we have had a series of blackouts so I
cannot do anything tonite, as I am racing against the battery to send
this mail. :-(

sleep well,

Edscott