xffm issues

Juraj Ziegler e at hq.sk
Mon May 5 22:21:26 CEST 2003

On Mon, May 05, 2003 at 10:02:24PM +0200, Olivier Fourdan wrote:
> Hi Edscott,
>
> It seems there are more and more issues in xffm :
>
> - recent versions just show the local file system, no bookmarks, no
> fstab, no nothing
> - installing on a fresh system does not work. xffm complains about the
> installation ("dude, check your installation" or something like that)
> but the install was fine (at least from a user point of view)
> - Running xffm freshly installed shows really *nothing* at all, not even
> local filesystem
> - All menu and toolbar are hidden, so the window looks like an empty one
> - When quitting the window closes but xffm still runs. I had to kill it
> from a command line
> - there is still an unacceptable ammount of memory leaks

Plus the samba module has problem with escaping spaces during copying of
files (not when listing directories).

I wrote about it yesterday, but seeing no reply, I mention it again,
so it does not get forgotten.

To be precise, I'm running version 4.0.0+cvs.20030421-1 from
Debian/unstable i.e. the CVS version from 21. April 2003. If the samba
module's bug has been fixed since then, please tell me so and ignore
this post :)

[e]

ps. sorry, no time right now to compile by hand and test CVS versions ;-/

>e at hq.sk<                   /(bb|[^b]{2})/                 >http://hq.sk/~euro<
        "always know what you say, but do not always say what you know"