plugin paths have changed

Benedikt Meurer benedikt.meurer at student.uni-siegen.de
Sun May 4 10:27:13 CEST 2003

On Sun, May 04, 2003 at 09:57:46AM +0200, Olivier Fourdan wrote:

Olivier,

> Well, I'm wrong on xfwm4 plugin that is placed in the right directory,
> but I'm right about backdrop and xffm:

backdrop is right in CVS. xffm should be too.

> Anyway, my point is not if the change was right or wrong, just that such
> change should be discussed, and kept under control (what does it
> provide, why do we have to do that -long term goal?-, what's the risk,
> is everybody aware of the change ,etc.)

I'm sorry, but this was just a minor change, and most people didn't
even care about the locations of the plugins, therefore I thought it
would not be necessary to discuss the change.

The long term goal: Ease the installation of 3rd party plugins (using
the pkg-config variable pluginsdir). The new plugin path is only to
have all xfce4 related plugins below one directory ($libdir/xfce4).

> Not a big deal anyway. I just would like to improve the process.

Ok, I'll check that first, next time.

> Cheers,

Benedikt